Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

www.random.org

(That site's about as random as one can get.)

First, I am back at work; I am in the middle of a 14-day stint as a long-term sub at Waterville Valley Academy in NH, an educational training school for skiers and snowboarders. I am filling in for a history teacher who had long-standing plans to go to Mexico (Ooooooh, Mexico). While I really enjoy the students (most actually want to learn and do their work - a novel concept), I am not enamored with the idea of getting up at 5 AM (I know I shouldn't complain as the Ever-lovely Miss Kim is up at 4:30 to do the horses). The "workday" is actually fun even if it's long. And did I say it's only for 14 days?

Next, I have been stopping by regularly on Facebook, where manifold names and faces from my past are appearing. A few had changed their names (either married or are in the witness relocation program), so it took a bit of time and careful deduction to realize who they are.

Finally, as I now actually have a couple of followers, I resolve to do better posting here! If I can get a total of fifteen or more, I will try for virtually every day (pass the word).

Any more will have to wait as morning meeting is about to begin.

Later.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...