Saturday, August 1, 2020

BERMBIT'S GAME

I learned this game many years ago as an icebreaker at a personal growth workshop I attended. It was a great way to learn about others and their interests and experiences.

After I tried it in school, it didn't go viral because there was no Internet then, but it certainly did make the rounds. Bottom line, the goal is to get people talking. Interestingly, when the game circulated locally in school and on some chat sites, it started being called Bermbit's Game, which I will gladly keep.

Just this week, I have seen a newer version on Facebook, which inspired me to resurrect the old game. The current Facebook version has someone naming five famous people they have met or been close to, but one is a lie. 

The original game was things one has done or achieved, like or dislike, etc. 

Here's an example - five things follow, but one is not true (which, of course means four are true!

(1) I ate Chinese food up and close with Led Zeppelin.

(2) I once won $10,000 in the Lottery.

(3) I have a short piece published in one of the Chicken Soup series.

(4)  I once road-managed The J. Geils Band.

(5) I played intercollegiate ice hockey for my college.

So, at this point you should be looking back at the answers and wondering which one is false. 

And go....

(As I usually do, I will wait to post the answer.)

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...