Wednesday, July 8, 2020

BLOODY WEDNESDAY!

The first time I donated blood was in late 1966 or early 1967. I was at Basic Training, and we were promised an afternoon off if we donated a pint of blood. Even though today is not 'Tell the Truth Day" (that was yesterday), I will be honest - I did it to get some down time from the rigors of Basic, even if it was only a few hours, and the donation process wasn't that bad.

Pretty quickly, my donation became a regular thing. While I did miss some years along the way for one reason or another, I have given fairly regularly, often two or three times a year.

My next chance to give will be on Wednesday, July 29th, at the Wentworth (NH) Elementary School from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m., which leads to the point of this entry. Please feel free to join me. As a sponsoring Lion's Club member, I will be there pretty much the whole time. Stop by, donate a pint, save some lives, and say 'Hi.'

Please contact me with any questions you may have - I will do my best to answer or find the answer for you.

Thank you!

(By the way, my afternoon off back in the army didn't work quite the way planned. A sergeant found me in my bunk in the barracks and put me to work. Sigh.) 

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...