Saturday, March 28, 2020

1648

     So as this whole virus/pandemic thing is unfolding, it has finally had a major impact on me. I had been hanging in, maintaining a fairly low profile, but there came a tipping point. 

     As of this writing, in the U.S., nearly 2,000 people have died, and we're just getting started (hold my beer). After over two months of poo-pooing and golfing, denials and outright lies, tRump is declaring how well we are doing because "the mortality rate is, in my opinion ... way, way down." The Peter Principle personified!

     When tRump was first elected, I posted something saying if people are ignoring the sea of red flags and can't see what he is, we are in trouble - there is little depth of thought - I was adamant because I did see so any red flags (at least I thought I did). I also said, "Down the road, I will either say to you, 'Yes, you were right. I am sorry," or I would say, "I told you so."

     "I told you so!" 

     BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER because over three years later, seeing who and what he is, his worshipers are more convinced that ever that he is a god, the second coming, and can do no wrong! Along the way I learned there is nothing he can do or say that will change a single mind in his base.

     I know that as I am beginning to post more comments, it won't matter, but it will make me feel better letting some of it out, and that's why I am doing it - I need to. I have no illusions it will make a difference. It won't, but that's okay. 

     And I'm okay.

     

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...