Saturday, February 1, 2020

It was a Partisan Hoax!


     I recently published a Note on Facebook, which expresses my views on the Impeachment trial. All I asked for was a fair trial with evidence and witnesses, not a cover up or what IMPOTUS called a 'partisan hoax.' Toward the end, I wrote: "How can senators in good conscience take this solemn oath on Thursday when many of them have already decided whether the president is guilty or not?" That is why I am praying for a fair trial. Present evidence, evaluate it, and then decide; let the chips fall where they may."

     I ended the note with "No comment is necessary."
     Of course, there were those who had to comment. Apparently anything spoken or written that in any way could be construed as anything against their Dear Leader must be addressed.
     I didn't want comments because I knew exactly what they would say. I know where you stand, and you know where I stand, and nothing will change either one of us.
I have never seen this kind of angry national divide. Never!

     As far as I am concerned, there are only two things to know, which summarize where we are: first, IMPOTUS was absolutely right when he said, “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,” folding his fingers into the shape of a gun. We have seen where nothing he says or does makes any difference. NOTHING!

     The second thing takes the form of a joke: Q. How do you get trump to change a light bulb?
     A. You don't; he'll lie and say he changed it, and all his followers will sit in the dark and agree how bright it is (or you could just say Obama put installed it).

     By the way, IMPOTUS was right – after the Senate vote, it was a partisan hoax.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...