Thursday, February 6, 2020

I am so old...

How old am I? I am so old, I remember when:

-Candy bars were 5 cents and bottled Cokes were 10 cents

-Paperback books were 25 cents (and the really thick ones were 50 cents. Hardbacks topped out at $10 for the big ones.

-Gas was 30 cents a gallon

-A brand new Ford Mustang was under $3,000

-Comic books were 10 cents

-Postage stamps were 4 cents

-Pay phones were all over and cost 10 cents

-McDonald's burgers were 15 cents

-Levi's were $5

-TVs were all black and white

-I played outside

-Many people waited until they were married before having kids

-The National Guard really was the National Guard

-I saw Disney's "Song of the South" in a theater

-Doctors made house calls


-The music was great

-I really thought I was cool.

That's it for now. More later?

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...