Saturday, June 7, 2008

Well, I'm impressed!


Wow! First off, I have to tell you - I just got a personal letter from VICE PRESIDENT AL GORE - really - that's what the envelope says in the upper left corner where the return address is. Looking at the rest of the front of the envelope, I think if he were still vice president he could have saved us some real money. This letter he sent to me (typed-out address to me personally and everything) only cost him 8.5 cents to send. Think of it - only 8.5 cents to drop off a business-sized envelope (personally addressed to me) somewhere in Washington, D.C. and have it delivered right to me in New Hampshire for only 8.5 cents! I mean, if I go to mail a letter, it costs over 40 cents (I don't know the exact amount; when I learn what it is, it always seems to go higher again); and then there's gas, which seems to keep going higher as well but doesn't have to! I figure for me to go to the post office, it costs me about $1.2966666 etc. That's just to drive three miles to the building and three miles back. Anyhow, if I didn't have a box in the post office, I could save all that money. What I do know is that I have six stamps left and six one-cent stamps before I have to open the next roll which covers the last price hike. Probably by the time I open it, I'll have to buy another 100 one-cent stamps to cover the next increase. The rest of the story is short - he wanted money from me to help defeat the Republican presidential candidate - John McSame. I really don't care for either party's offering this time around. I am ready to run for office, but that's a story for another time. Al Gore asking me for money - with all he's saving on postage one would think he has saved enough not to have to ask for money.

Well, I am off to perform a wedding, so I gots to go. Make it a great day.

Later.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...