Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday, Sunday (so good to me)...

Today has been a typical Sunday... so far (one never knows what the future holds, even if 'the future' means five minutes from now). The ever-lovely Miss Kim was up at 6:30 (really 5:30 if the clocks hadn't been pushed ahead for whatever reason we do such nonsense) to get ready for the day, which included taking the (usually) ever-effervescent Miss Jessica to the barn for a riding lesson at 9. I slept in until 7:30 (6:30 until my body adjusts) as I didn't know I was going along - I found out five minutes before we left. We did our stop at Dunkin' Donuts as is our wont before lessons, arrived at the barn, and did what we usually do - Miss Jessica gets her lesson and Miss Kim and I stand around to watch and compliment (if warranted). We are also on call should Miss Jessica need gloves, a sip of hot chocolate (warm chocolate by now), or ground poles set up or moved. In the middle of the lesson, Miss Kim and Miss Sarah (instructor and friend) pointed out the fact that my jacket (a really warm hooded U.S. Polo Assn. jacket bought not for the name but the price [found at Marshall's] had quite a rip across the back - the stuffing hadn't started bleeding out yet as it had just happened when I brushed up against a piece of hardware to secure the ring door. It was like I had been "shanked" from the back ("shank," you know, a verb - to shank). When we get back home some two hours after the time we left, I sutured the slice in my back with fabric tape I had from the time I took a hit to the right forearm of the coat (as Miss Kim said, being at the barn is a contact sport). Unfortunately, I had no matching color left, so while the coat is now still fully functional, there's a light blue stripe across the back. As one not driven by fashion, however, it's okay - I have enough self-confidence to wear it in public as a kind of blue badge of courage. Then, I have a dump run to do (let's be honest, it's really not a sojourn to the transfer station as my stay usually lasts five minutes or less). Once we get home, I move to my desk and computer where I compile/write my weekly online column (www.bermansbits.com). So, uh, I guess it's time to start this week's column, so that's it for now.

Later.

1 comment:

Mardean said...

Congratulations on your blog!

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...