Friday, March 14, 2008

Write On Update 1

(Review) After our state newspaper decided not to carry Dilbert for several days because the powers that be felt that some readers might be offended, I became offended and sent along a request for a refund for the issues in question; I am paying for a product and expect to receive the product I expect to receive, which means Dilbert will be included and not arbitrarily removed because someone might be offended. I mean, I do believe in the First Amendment.

(Update) I heard back from the paper; the circulation/subscription department said they would adjust my account (which I took to mean adding the number of papers I complained about to my subscription). The responder also said my comments would be forwarded to the news department. Well, I wrote back that I don't want my subscription "adjusted" - I want a refund as there is a principle involved here. It would be too easy for the paper to just add four or five issues.

In other areas, this week has been my first full five-day work week at work since November. Between snow days, vacations, and whatever else came along, I've gotten spoiled. then with the early Daylight Savings Time, and the lost hour of sleep, I have been dragging. Thank goodness the weekend is here. We spent some time today with a pick ax I bought trying to widen the driveway (still a huge buildup of ice) and open the end where there was a lip of ice several inches wide and deep; it worked like a charm! We should sleep well tonight.

Later.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...