Monday, August 31, 2020

SOMETHING?

Ray Bradbury once said, "If you can write one short story a week—it doesn’t matter what the quality is to start, but at least you’re practicing, and at the end of the year you have 52 short stories, and I defy you to write 52 bad ones. Can’t be done. At the end of 30 weeks or 40 weeks or at the end of the year, all of a sudden a story will come that’s just wonderful." (Or more succinctly, "If you want to be a writer, write a new short story every week. No one can write 52 bad short stories.")

I believe that. 

So it logically follows that tRump eventually will do something good for we the people. Whether deliberate or by accident, I am sure it can be argued he may even have done something good along the way.

I noticed, however, virtually no one is praising tRump for any good he has done. Instead, he and his supporters attack Obama, Hillary, Biden, and anyone who dares criticize him no matter how deserved it may be. He lashes out, name calls, insults, lies, denies etc. Since there is NOTHING he can say or do that would dissuade his Dunning-Kruger infected followers, it's up to those with open minds to speak their minds and point out his culpability and immorality, another useless exercise because to many there is NOTHING he can say or do that's good and decent.

The America I thought I knew growing up no longer exists (maybe it never really did, but at least we thought it did). 

Whether one can see it or not, things are a mess. 

Four more years will be the nails in the coffin.


No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...