Tuesday, December 1, 2009

B.A.!

To me, it's "B.A." Those of you who were aficionados of "The A-Team" will understand the reference. B. A. Baracus was the character the kitten was named after; given the kitten's attitude, it was a good choice if I say so myself.

Unfortunately, my wife didn't quite see eye to eye with me and felt that "Barnabas" was a good choice (we both watched "Dark Shadows" earlier in our lives). As in any good relationship, we compromised - I mean, it's not like cats really know their names... although T. S Eliot might disagree. Anyhow, the compromise involved the name "Barnabas Atticus." The "Atticus," of course, was a tribute to perhaps the ultimate cinematic father-figure of all time - "Atticus Finch" from To Kill a Mockingbird (it also referred to the fact the kitten was found in the attic of our barn - gee, we're clever). That kept the B. A. You know, this is getting confusing. The final name we ended up with was "Barnabas."

It all should have ended there except for one small detail - Barnabas, it turns out, is a female. Surprise!
I suggested maybe "Barnabess," but that didn't carry the right sound.

As of today, it's still Barnabas (or "B. A.").

Just thought you'd like to know all that.

Now, tell me you still have trouble sleeping...

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...