Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Surprise!

April 15th - tax time. Is that a surprise to you? It shouldn't be, but I guarantee the news will show Post Offices open until midnight and lines of people waiting patiently to get their returns in the mail so they won't be penalized. It's not like the date changes every year - it's always April 15th!

Why do I say this? Because it appears the TV stations I watch will, for the next 59 days be incessantly running ads for the transition to digital TV - you know what I am talking about. I believe the original date was to be February 17th, but it also appears not enough people were "ready"! Even after constant ads which put political advertising to shame in sheer volume. not enough people were ready, so the date was pushed back to June 12th. If I could embed the song, I'd have "People Get Ready" playing in the background.

People get ready, damn it! I really don't want the date pushed into September...!

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...