Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Results

The people have spoken. Although I don't have official results yet, my campaign as a write-in candidate for U.S. Senator from New Hampshire wasn't as successful as I had hoped. I do know there are at least three-hundred thousand disappointed voters (actually they are the ones who voted for John Sununu and Ken Blevins).

My goal was to see if through emails and press releases I could even make a blip on the radar. The Secretary of State's office hasn't listed write-ins, and I don't know if it will. I do know I did receive at least one vote - any more than that I consider a success. In theory, if I am to believe those I spoke with, I should have a few more.

All of that said, I am excited by the overall national election results. Although I was too young to vote back then, I suspect I still had the same feeling after JFK's election. There was hope in the air; there was enthusiasm. These days, there is the same feeling, but as the old saying goes, no matter who is elected, the Government still gets in.

Lots more to say, but I have to go now. This election was true history in the making. Time will tell what will happen, but this was one election I was glad to have lived through and participate in. I do hope and pray for the best.

Later.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...