Friday, January 15, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

So, I have just completed 74 orbital trips around the sun and am beginning my 75th. Wow!

I am grateful I have made it this far. As I have often said before, I wouldn't change anything because to change any one thing would change everything that followed. I can not imagine a different life/world without my family and the people I know. Again, however, to change any one thing would change anything, and I love where I have arrived. To quote words from the Faces (formerly the Small Faces), "I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger," but now would be very different. 

I have started thinking about age and mortality. Possibilities are getting real. While not terribly good to myself and my well-being, I am not bad. There is a part of me that says, "It is what it is." I also say what happens is in God's hands. Whichever it is, it's cool. 

My wonderful daughter, the Ever-effervescent Miss Jessica sent me a birthday card. She wrote a note inside that got me thinking about this whole age thing. She began with, "I don't know what I'd do without you." That got to me as one day it will be true, so after some thought, I have a response.

What you would do without me is what you are doing already. We have helped create a strong, responsible, independent woman, and who you have become will do you well - you will be fine. Whether I am around another 30 minutes or 30 years (I had to sneak that in), you will be fine. I think back often about my parents with great love and admiration, and I hope you will do the same.  

Following someone's passing, as time moves along, we get better - maybe never all better, but certainly better! There are still times when something happens and I want to call my folks and share it with them, but the feeling quickly passes... until the next time.

There is a lot more to say, but what's above will suffice for now. 

Anyhow, thank you for the words. 

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...