Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oooh! Now I've gone and done it!


It's official - my resignation from work has been accepted by the school board with regret, which made me feel pretty good - somebody will actually miss me and apparently appreciated my time and efforts (the details behind that statement will be offered at a later time). Ninety percent of my being feels a sense of pride, relief and ultimate confidence that everything will work out meaning I will have to find new work now (preferably with health insurance as a benefit as $900 a month is a bit hard to swallow) and will. I do have a few months' cushion to relax and recover (after all, 31 years in a classroom does things to people), but an online friend suggested I start looking immediately, which I will be doing once school's out - not just for the summer but forever (didn't Alice Cooper have something to say about that?)!

Anyhow, there's the other ten percent of me, which is a twelve-year-old kid screaming, "Oh, no! What have I done!?!?!" That part of me is pictured on this page in the Edvard Munch masterpiece, which I "borrowed" from the Internet. I know I have many wonderful qualities any business would want (along with an "old-fashioned work ethic)! Really! All I have to do is find a business (or start one) that will utilize those admirable offerings. I am, after all, trustworthy ... loyal ... helpful ... friendly ... courteous ... kind ... obedient ... cheerful ... thrifty ... brave ... clean... and reverent (and, while I was a Cub Scout, never even made it to the Boy Scouts. I came by those qualities in other ways). I will certainly keep you posted!

Later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MR BERMAN....I cant believe you are resigning. I am sorry to hear that. You will be greatly missed. You were an excellent teacher and I learned a lot from you. Have fun looking for a new job... Its a tough world out there, but I have faith in you!! I am actually thinking about getting my BA in science: business management. Talk to you soon

Heather L :-)(Lucy's daughter)

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...