Saturday, May 17, 2008

You Win!

Okay, okay, you win. Yes, I have been delinquent in posting here (and I'm no juvenile), but I didn't think anybody really read this. Well, I was wrong. I have heard lately how little I have posted, so obviously someone is stopping by to check out the ol' blog on a regular basis. That's nice to know - it encourages me to do more and do better, which I intend to do. I could plead that I have been in quite a busy stretch (which I have), but when I really want to do something, I usually can make time. Back in February, I wanted to learn a bit about finances, so over the school vacation week, I read books and incessantly surfed the web to find out about investing, etc. When the week was over, so was my education in the world of higher finance. I learned two major things: (1) there is one heck of a lot to learn making it virtually impossible for the average guy to do well (unless he's really lucky), and (2) with a little research (well within my capabilities), I can probably pick stocks and funds as well as the next guy (if not better). (Random Thought Alert: at dinner tonight, celebrating my good friend's birthday, it was mentioned that I don't have to be quite so self-censoring in a few weeks when I walk out of school for the last time. As a result, I can use words stronger than "heck." I just thought I'd slip that in.)

Anyhow, I will try to do better in the future, but these last few weeks of school are pretty all-encompassing. My final teacher day is June 12th (final as in FINAL - my retirement went through!) I actually have no trouble finding things about which to write - it's just sitting down and doing it. Perhaps a book is in the offing??? Stay tuned.

Later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
Nice to see somethig "new" up. See, people really do check----------

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...