Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Day After

Okay, it all looks like it works, and I can do it!
That said, there's not much to say. This is my slow season, although there are always a couple of weddings that sneak in over the winter.
Even though I have performed dozens of ceremonies, there are still many opportunities for "firsts." I did one mountain-top wedding in which I had to make the climb. The groom told me it was an easy climb, so I agreed. When I got there, he had been up and down twice (with a 60+ lb. pack each time); I was lucky to make it up once. When I cleared the tree line, there was still quite a way to go to the top, but fortunately , the site was "off to the right," so I breathed [heavily] a sigh of relief. I went behind a rock to change into a suit. I did fine, but fell a couple of times on the way down doing a nice number on my shin and knee. I think the couple felt sorry for me and tipped me profusely. I decided no more such weddings for me unless there's a chair lift.
One recent inquiry asked if I would travel to a correctional facility to officiate. That is my latest first. I have yet to do a biker wedding or one jumping from an airplane [I will probably pass on that one]. I am sure numerous other firsts await me. I can't wait. Really.
Later.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...