Saturday, January 15, 2022

AMERICAN FOOTBALL

I am currently watching the pregame show getting ready for the Patriots and Bills wild card playoff. Apparently, tonight's game will be played in one of the coldest temperatures ever (but not the record [trust me, there are stats on virtually everything]). Predicted starting temp will be about 4 degrees, and by game's end, it should be around 3. Factor in the wind, and it'll feel like -200.

Where I am now, it is currently -7, but the wind is dying down). Sigh....

Anyhow, I have been to one professional football game in my life (for purposes of comparison, my daughter has already been to three to see the Ravens [her team [I have failed as a father {but, to be honest, I do kinda like the Ravens because she does}]). As I am now on the verge of old, I can only remember my dad and I saw the Boston Patriots who played. It was in the very early '60s, around 60 years ago. They played at Nickerson Field (at Boston University).

The one memory I do have of that day is that it was cold (not like tonight, but it was cold). (Any Carson fans here? How cold was it? It was so cold the politicians had their hands in their own pockets! Budda-boom-tsss) For us, it was so cold that by mutual agreement, we left soon after halftime. My feet were so cold that they hurt (today, everything hurts).

That was it - my one game.

On the other hand, my dad also took me to see two Indianapolis 500s. 

They weren't cold.


No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...