Saturday, June 13, 2020

BEST JOB EVER!

Back in the day (whatever that means), I was a paid columnist for "Summer Week" and "Ski Week,' two seasonal New Hampshire weekly tourist publications. I wrote a weekly column called "Berman's Bits" (big surprise there).

As time went by, I also wrote several feature articles about things like the inaugural Busch Series race at New Hampshire International Speedway, the first Indy Racing League race there, Sports Car Club of America racing, and motorcycle racing. Not only did I get paid for the writing, I attended with pit passes! Woo-hoo!

I also did a feature on Annalee dolls and got to sit down and interview THE Annalee herself.

As great as the above events were (they were), probably the best part of the job, was when I was able to do restaurant reviews. I made arrangements to visit the venue with a date, eat what we wanted, walk around and take pictures, visit the kitchen, interview the owner, manager, and/or employees. And... at the end the meal was free! The things I most remember were prime ribs, steaks, and cold watermelon soup.

That was then - this is now.

I recently used to still do "Berman's Bits,"  but the paper it was in disappeared suddenly. I trust I didn't have anything to do with the paper's demise. 

I have this blog and post on Facebook (although nowhere as much as I did in the past). I am still getting my feet under me here and will soon promote this blog.

Anyhow, if there is anything you'd like to know or see here, drop me a line. Thanks.

Later.


No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...