Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mr. B's Class - Day Four

     I spend way too much time on Facebook, but part of the reason is selfish. When I do post, I believe someone needs to see whatever it is I am posting. Aside from humorous posts, I would call most of what I posts worthy - the best of the best, but I also post as a reminder to myself.

     That said, one of my favorite sayings is, "It's never too late until it is." I get so sad looking at people who are wasting their precious time on earth. I see young people who hang around with other young people who are going nowhere.

     The following poem describes a tragic reality about the future some people face.

We Real Cool

                   THE POOL PLAYERS. 
                   SEVEN AT THE GOLDEN SHOVEL.



We real cool. We
Left school. We

Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We

Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We

Jazz June. We
Die soon.
     It doesn't have to be this way, but for so many it is. They never learned another way,
     Sad.

No comments:

BACK IN THE DAY....

I remember when I was growing up (as much as I did), there were a few career choices that I considered. The bottom line is that I was never ...